PE is something we are deeply passionate about at Lympne. We are currently Shepway Sports Trust's PE Primary School of the Year 2019.
Over the past few years we have provided pupils with a wide range of sporting experiences in line with our philosophy and mission statement to open children’s eyes to the possibilities before them.
The school has gone from strength to strength recently and has won Shepway Sports Trust's Primary School of the Year for our PE developments in 2019. Alongside this the school holds a Gold Sports Games Mark for its endeavours to ensure that all children have the opportunity to experince a range of sports in a host of competitive environments.
The school vision for PE is that we want our pupils to gain a lifelong love of sport and an awareness of the importance of its role in providing a healthy lifestyle.
We run a range of clubs, hold an array of experiences and take part in a plethora of competitions.
Our Key aims for 2019-20
- Develop the role of Play Leaders and explore the role of PE across the curriculum.
- Develop our Sports Council to have a greater role in how PE is organised and the kind of offering we have.
- Ensure a greater percentage of our pupils experience out of school competitions.
- Ensure a greater variety of sports are continued to be offered - including more water sports.
- Uplevel staff skills so they are able to provide excellent teaching and learning opportunities for all.
For more details on how we intend to spend our PE grant please see the link below:
For details of the number of children reahing the required standards in swimming please see the link below: